- High Voltage Transformers
- Switchmode Transformers
- Flyback Transformers
- Trigger Pulse Transformers
- Step Up/Down Transformers
- Power Transformers
- Toroidal Transformers
- Antennas and Air Coils
- Down Hole Applications
- DC Igniters
- High Current Inductors
- Custom Manufacturing
- Hydrogen Coils
- Control Transformers
- Inverter Transformers
- Low Profile (LPC) Transformers
- Ferrite Transformer
- Pulse Transformers
- Single Phase Transformer
- Specialty Transformers
- Isolation Transformer
- Surface Mount Transformer
- Toroidal Inductor
- Air Core Inductors
- Ferrite Inductors
- Power Inductors
- Surface Mount Inductors
Custom Coils Manufactures Trigger Transformers
Triggering is the process of inducing an initial ionization within a laser or inert-gas flash lamp. The workhorse that creates this ionization is the pulse trigger transformer. A trigger coil transformer is used in circuits to create the large voltage gradient required for ionization.
Pulse Trigger Transformers from Custom Coils
With the proliferation of lasers and inert-gas flash lamps, high voltage trigger/pulse transformers are becoming more and more popular. At Custom Coils, we are involved in the design and manufacture of market-driven trigger transformers that meet the highest quality and environmental standards. Our expertise in customization allows us to alter any complex product specifications to deliver a transformer that meets your requirements.
The Best amongst the Two Options
Custom Coils provides you series injection triggering and external triggering transformers to produce “triggering”.
- External Triggering transformers can be utilized to create a thin ionized streamer between the anode and cathode within the lamp. External triggering coils are typically smaller and less expensive compared to series injection transformers.
- In Series Injection Triggering, when the energy storage capacitor discharges the current, it passes through the secondary coil. Therefore, series injection trigger transformer must be specially designed to carry the total current of the discharge. These transformers are ideal for triggering applications that require higher timing accuracy and are typically much larger in size.
Custom Coils can assess your application requirements and suggest the best solutions for our specific needs.
Features and Specifications
Custom Coils produces pulse trigger transformer that exhibits the following specifications and features:
- Output Voltage up to 60 KV
- Output Power up to 2000 VA
- PC, surface, through hole, or hardware mounted
- Flexible design, easily customizable
- Small size and low profile provide packaging advantages
At Custom Coils, we ensure that our services and products provide a variety of benefits to our customers.
The trigger transformer design and manufacturing is carried out in-house using highly sophisticated winding machines and advanced manufacturing techniques. We ensure that we source raw materials from reliable suppliers. We also use specialized materials such as high dielectric epoxies to encapsulate and isolate the high voltage associated with these type transformers. Furthermore, we implement best production practices to ensure quality and operational excellence of pulse trigger transformers.
Trigger coil transformers are designed to be the most durable and reliable transformers available. Hence, they are ideally used in:
Built on forty long years of trust and cooperation with our customers, Custom Coils is well accepted as a reliable partner that delivers customized, and superior magnetic components.
Have a question about a trigger transformers or any other custom magnetic assembly?
Click here to ask your question, we will get back to you ASAP.