- High Voltage Transformers
- Switchmode Transformers
- Flyback Transformers
- Trigger Pulse Transformers
- Step Up/Down Transformers
- Power Transformers
- Toroidal Transformers
- Antennas and Air Coils
- Down Hole Applications
- DC Igniters
- High Current Inductors
- Custom Manufacturing
- Hydrogen Coils
- Control Transformers
- Inverter Transformers
- Low Profile (LPC) Transformers
- Ferrite Transformer
- Pulse Transformers
- Single Phase Transformer
- Specialty Transformers
Custom Coils Is Your High Voltage Transformer Manufacturer
Quality and reliability are of prime importance in a high voltage transformer. When you order your custom transformer from Custom Coils, you get just that…and more. High Voltage Transformer
Custom Coils has been recognized as a reliable manufacturer of high voltage transformers since 1967, serving clients worldwide. Our high voltage transformer designs are driven by cutting-edge technology and a sharp engineering acumen. Custom Coils has the ability to manufacture custom transformers with a variety of output specifications to meet your exacting requirements. Speak with us for custom transformers with an Output Voltage up to 60 KV and Output Power up to 2000 VA.
Every high voltage transformer that leaves our facility is the result of proven methods and technology. We source from industry established vendors, ensuring that the finest components go into making rugged, high-performance transformers.
Our Key Differentiators
- Proudly built in the USA, giving you the assurance of quality, cost, and durability
- Ability to entirely customize transformers per customer specifications
- Industry proven machines and processes
- We do business with enterprises across the world
Features and Specifications
- Output Voltage up to 60 KV
- Output Power up to 2000 VA
- 115, 57 to 63 Hz
- 115/230V, 47 to 63 Hz
- Switching - up to 100 KHz
- PC Mount
- Low Profile
- Split Section
- High Voltage Exit
- Lead Wire
- Bobbin Terminal Toroids on Headers
The experienced team at Custom Coils is available to help design specialized high voltage transformers for your applications. Our transformers are very reliable and can operate in almost any environment. Today, our transformers are being used worldwide in a variety of industrial sectors.
High voltage transformer capabilities at a glance:
- Ability to manufacture transformers with a variety of input and output voltages
- We manufacture transformers in a variety of formats and geometries
- We specialize in high voltage transformer design up to 35LBs (approximately the size of a small car battery)
- Custom Coils implements highly specialized winding techniques, and makes use of high quality materials
Overview of Our Special Isolation and Winding Techniques
The field of high voltage transformers extends from very large power grid type transformers down to very small high voltage trigger transformers. Regardless of the type of transformer you choose, Custom Coils uses specially-developed techniques to isolate and insulate transformers to eliminate the possibility of a break-down under load.
We do this by isolating the primary from the secondary and also the secondary from ground. This process begins with the selection of an optimum winding technique for the design. At Custom Coils, high voltage winding is carried out either on a multi-section bobbin or on a multi-layer coil form. We insulate multi-layer windings with the help of quality insulation materials such as Kapton film, Nomex, Teflon, and other similar materials.
Custom Coils also specializes in the implementation of the universal Pi wind, a highly specialized winding technique that is used if inter-winding capacitance is a concern. This basket-weave style winding is becoming a lost art, but demonstrates great performance in high voltage transformer applications.
To make the high voltage transformer design more robust, Custom Coils uses one of several different electrical-grade varnishes to impregnate and further improve the insulating properties of the coil. Finally, to help mitigate high voltage problems with outside components in an assembly, we have the ability to encapsulate our designs in one of several high quality epoxies.