- High Voltage Transformers
- Switchmode Transformers
- Flyback Transformers
- Trigger Pulse Transformers
- Step Up/Down Transformers
- Power Transformers
- Toroidal Transformers
- Antennas and Air Coils
- Down Hole Applications
- DC Igniters
- High Current Inductors
- Custom Manufacturing
- Hydrogen Coils
- Control Transformers
- Inverter Transformers
- Low Profile (LPC) Transformers
- Ferrite Transformer
- Pulse Transformers
- Single Phase Transformer
- Specialty Transformers
- Isolation Transformer
- Surface Mount Transformer
- Toroidal Inductor
- Air Core Inductors
- Ferrite Inductors
- Power Inductors
- Surface Mount Inductors
Surface Mount Transformers for Surface Mount PCB Assembly
Surface mount transformers or SMT transformers are mounted on the surface of a printed circuit board (PCB) along with other devices. The SMT power transformers are small-sized and can be easily surface mounted. They can be packaged so that automated “pick-n-place” machines can be used to place the components directly onto the surface of a PCB. SMT power transformers are constructed using a variety of core materials, including nickel-iron alloys, laminated or taped wound silicon steel alloys, cobalt alloys, ferrite, air core, and others. They are wound on surface mount bobbins, and also are available as toroidal coils.
Custom Coils has been providing high-quality custom SMT transformers for various challenging power conversion and power supply applications. Our in-depth understanding of your application requirements coupled with engineering expertise and advanced manufacturing facility enables us assure high quality custom SMT transformers.
Surface Mount Transformers by Custom Coils
At Custom Coils, we design and manufacture surface mount (SMT) transformers. We can design surface mount transformers in different shapes, sizes, and configurations. However, their shape and size can vary according to the application parameters. These include:
- Power rating
- Operating frequency
- Winding capacitance
- Packaging requirements
- Voltage and current levels
- Bandwidth(frequency response)
We can design these transformers to operate in varied frequencies, ranging from line frequency to the KHz range. Moreover, our surface mount power transformers are sized according to industry standard packages for ease of design. The highlight of our product offering includes multiple profile heights within the same footprint. Also, we can produce surface mount transformers in custom shapes and specifications
Custom Surface Mount Transformers Design Specifications
We can design a custom surface mount power transformer for specific applications. The customer needs to specify the following typical requirements:
- Power rating in VA.
- Voltage and current requirements.
- Number of primary and secondary windings.
- Space limitations of the application or device
- Peak to peak operating current levels in amperes (AC/DC).
- Operating frequency in Hz. This helps in determining the wire size and number of cores.
- Desired core material. We can provide various core material options ranging from ferrite cores, to silicon steel laminations.
- Specific application requirements, extreme temperatures or environments.
Surface Mount Transformers Applications
Due to the beneficial features that they offer, surface mount transformers find their uses across the following applications:
- Filter circuits
- Switch mode power supplies
- Power supply and conversion applications
- Broadband, wireless, and other communication systems
- High frequency electronic circuits in communication and power applications
- Telecom equipment, modems, PCs, laptops, and more.
If you require any information regarding our surface mount transformer design and manufacturing capabilities, please feel free to contact us today. You can also receive quick quotes, and get your questions answered by our experts.