Toroidal transformers are small in size and can be used when there is a need for a transformer that offers low magnetic interference. In theory, these transformers have the ideal shape that offers maximum operational efficiency. If you are looking for a transformer that offers you value for money from Day-1 until the end of its life cycle, you can consider opting for a toroidal transformer.
Why Use a Toroidal Transformer?
Toroidal transformers are used in place of conventional transformers for the following reasons:
- Higher Efficiency – For the size and weight of the transformer, the efficiency it offers is very high.
- Low Stray Field & Low Noise – Since the windings are distributed uniformly over the core, the transformer has lower stray field. This makes the operation noiseless as well.
- Ease of Mounting – Toroidal transformers can be mounted easily with a single screw. The assembly time is greatly reduced. This also reduces repair, maintenance, and replacement-related down time.
- Low Operating Temperature – Compared to traditional transformers with similar specifications and operations, toroidal transformers ensure low operating temperatures.
- High Return On Investment (ROI) – Given the benefits that these transformers offer, like energy saving, low stray field, lower weight, etc., they prove to provide maximum value for money.
- Lower Weight – The core of the toroidal transformer is created with minimum raw material. The additional weight of the assembly is also reduced as it is easily mounted with fewer components.
Apart from the above-mentioned advantages, toroidal transformers can be customized and incorporated with features that benefit your application. The benefits of using toroidal transformers are many. The ROI and lower down time of toroidal transformers among other benefits have made them a popular choice in several applications.